Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Last Minute

So last night at dinner this was our conversation:

Aiden: Mom, would you be super mad at me if I told you that I have a project do in English tomorrow that I forgot about?
Mom: Yes probably.
Aiden: What if it was in Science?
Mom: Yes.
Aiden: What if it was in Social Studies?
Mom: Aiden, don't push my buttons.
Aiden: Okay. It really is for social studies, and it really is due tomorrow.

So, after having worked all day, a big grocery shopping trip, and 5 loads of laundry in between, I helped Aiden work on his project. A mom's work is never done. He had to do an oral report, using props, on Mahmoud Ahmadinejab. For anyone as politically illiterate as I, he's the president of Iran, and not a very likable character.

The best part of this story is that he didn't end up giving his presentation today because they ran out of time in class. He better get a good grade.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I hate it when they wait until the last second to spring it on you. At least it could have been somebody interesting and fun. Sheesh.

Buxton Family said...

You are a saint! I'm sure he will do great.