Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude

I've been reading through various friend's blogs and their postings about what they are thankful for. It's been a good reminder to me of all the blessings that I have. I decided that I should mention a few.

I am so thankful for my children because...

They make me laugh.
Aiden figured out how to use his recorded voice as a ringtone on the cell phone. Now when it rings we hear Aiden saying "Cheesemuffin, cheesemuffin, cheesemuffin".

They keep me humble.
At the conclusion of an acne product comercial on T.V. Sophie informed me that I should buy it. I explained that that particular product is for severe acne, and not the occasional acne that I get. "So what are all those bumps on your face?" she quiried. I didn't reply. I quietly left the room to go and look in the mirror.

They are entertaining.
Brennan was doing some snappy, clappy, repetitive rhythm thing that included kissing Daisy (the dog) on the hip. The really frightening moment came when Daisy turned. He came within an inch of kissing her bum.

I'm thankful for my husband because...
He doesn't get mad when I go see Twilight with a friend while he's at work.
He's willing to let me ramble on about nothing, and pretend that he's listening.
He's willing to listen to my opinion, and often agrees (or at least he acts like he does).
And lots of other mushy gushy stuff that I won't inflict upon any of my avid blog readers (I'd like to think that I have some).

In all seriousness, I truly am grateful for the many wonderful things in my life. I'm grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Without the direction and guidance of a loving Heavely Father I'd be lost in this crazy world. I'm thankful for the wonderful people around me that inspire me to be more loving, generous, forgiving, and all around better.

Isn't life great when we focus on what is really important?

3 comments:

Katie said...

It is great when we focus on what's important. What's amazing is how easy it is to get sidetracked. You're awesome!!

Buxton Family said...

We really miss you guys. Your family is so much fun to hang with. I'm glad you are thankful for them!

Amber said...

I think I must agree with you, even though I don't know your kids or hubby. I know you, so that means they must be great, if you love them so much. btw, your daughter always makes me do a double take when you post her picture. She looks so much like you at a much younger age, except blonde. (Not that you are old. We're both still spring chickens, right?)