Friday, November 14, 2008


This is Aiden's new look. Funny thing is that he's been using these straw glasses to drink his water for the past 5 days. It might take a while for the novelty to wear off.

Brennan and Sophie have been working on school projects. It's been fun because some of the projects are for the whole family. Brennan's class has been studying Native Americans, so they made totem poles. Each student was required to pick an animal that was meaningful to them in some way. Brennan decided on a duck billed platypus. It was a fun project.

I was having a hard time getting him to smile for the picture. I just had to remind him that I heard him singing "Hey hey hey, It's Fat Albert" in the shower this morning. That made him smile. I'm still not sure how he ever heard about Fat Albert, but we checked on Youtube, and found an episode. Go figure.
Sophie's project was to disguise a turkey so that it wouldn't get eaten. She chose to make the turkey look like princess Leia. We were quite proud of our accomplishment. Hopefully her buns won't fall off of her head before Thanksgiving. Have you ever wondered who should receive the credit for doing Kerry Fisher's hair that way?



4 comments:

Leanne said...

Cute disguise. I would never eat a turkey dressed as Leia. Turkeys everywhere applaud you, Miss Sophie.

Kerry said...

That's really fun--I can't wait until my kids are in school!

Buxton Family said...

Cool projects! We really miss you guys. We have a nurse in our ward here and he said he would talk to Lance if he ever wanted some information on working here. He said the pay is actually quite good in the area.

Amber said...

Hey, Karen! I love your blog. I would never guess it is a turkey. Great disguise. Your daughter reminds me so much of you, only blonde. What a cutie!