Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What Was Lost Was Found



Our cat Stipy is quite the scardy cat. He hasn't hardly stepped foot outside since we moved here last year. Last Friday night Lance let Stipy outside knowing that within 5 minutes that the cat would be meowing at the door to come in. He never came back. We had decided that either someone had taken him, or that he had become a coyote snack. Besides being so fearful and cautious, he's a fairly intelligent cat, so we just couldn't imagine that he would have gotten himself into trouble. The kids were sad, and we were sad (Lance won't admit to it), but knew that we would be okay.

At 6 a.m. this morning, more than four days after his disappearance, I found meowing at the door. I thought for sure that I was dreaming. I really had given him up for dead. I was so excited I had to wake Brennan up to show him. It sometimes seems silly how attached we get to our little pets, but we sure are glad to have him home. It feels as if a weight has been lifted from us. The kids were all so happy this morning. Hopefully that feeling will last for a while.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm glad your cat came back. He must have had some great adventures while he was gone!

Julie said...

Don't you wish you could know what your pets are up to when you can't see them? I'm so glad you're updating your blog again! It's fun to read what the Austin Buxtons are up to. Say hi to everybody.

Katie said...

I'm glad you got a happy ending.