Friday, September 5, 2008

Continued Summer Updates

One thing that we seemed to keep doing this summer was finding turtles. We really don't live by any water, but we kept finding turtles traveling up our street. So far we've found six. This guy was the biggest and the mossiest by far. Who knows if they appreciated our help or not, but we took each of them, as we found them, to the lake, or one of the ponds. I don't think that there was even one among them who enjoyed the car ride.

We tried to spend as much time as possible with Wade and Jodie and the girls before they left for California. That wasn't any easy thing considering all of the friends that they have. Lance and I have decided that we are way to grouchy to be that popular. Anyway, one of the places that they we went together was Landa Park. This is Brennan as he let go of the swing. Aiden (busy adjusting his goggles and nose plug), Aubrey and Wade are in the background awaiting their turns.
Daisy came through her heartworm treatment with flying colors. We're still having days where we're left wondering why we thought that we wanted a dog. Yesterday we went out for our morning run and decided to let Daisy off the leash for a while. We've done this in the past, and it hasn't been a problem. It was yesterday. We kept trying to catch her, and she just kept running. We finally managed to corner her, and Lance leaped through the air superman style, and pinned her down. Of course where they both landed happened to be in a fire ant pile. I took her back to the house, and Lance ran another two miles after he had already completed a four mile run. He was so mad, he probably could have run another two. Somehow, all the irritation seems to go away when we see Brennan enjoying her so much. I still think that she's stinky.

She is starting to calm a little, and she's learned a few tricks. She'll eat just about anything, but her favorite food is bananas. She even helped herself to one one day.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Love the blog entries! I'm glad you finally updated. =)
I am also wondering why you wanted a dog. LOL! I love dogs but I really hated owning one. Corey has a "job" where he gets paid to walk and play with our neighbor's dog four times per week. It has worked out nicely because he can enjoy being with a dog without us having to own one!

Buxton Family said...

I'm glad you have finally undated your blog! I understand the love hate relationship with the dog all too well. Post a picture of Sophie's new furniture. I would love to see what she picked out. I'm glad you are all doing well and enjoying California.

Katie said...

Well, look at that sweet dog face. Of course I want a dog, but I don't have a dog so it's easy for me to say. Great summer fun! Where did it go?