Friday, September 12, 2008

Just Being a Mom

Yesterday was one of those crazy days that happen too often with mutiple kids and mutiple activites. I worked until 3:30, ran home to sew a few badges onto Brennan's scout shirt. Fortunately, he had a ride to scouts at 4. I took Sophie to dance, left here there to pick up Brennan, took him through the drive thru at Taco Bell, gave them my money, got my change, and promptly drove away.
Brennan: "Uh, Mom? My food?"
Me: "Oh yeah."
Drive back thru the drive thru to pick up Brennan's food. Race across town to pick up Sophie from dance. Drive back across town to drop Brennan off at soccer practice. Beg a kind hearted soccer mom to please bring him home. Stop at the Taco Bell drive thru again to get food for everyone else. Feel really embarrassed because I'm sure they remember that a half hour before I had driven away without my food. Eat in the car while driving back across town to home. Pick up Aiden, throw his tacos at him, and race to the middle school open house. Race back home in time to be there for Brennan's arrival. Then I went out to walk the dog. Lance's 12 hour shifts sometimes wear me out. It's all good though.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow - You are my hero.

Buxton Family said...

That is a crazy afternoon. I love the Taco Bell story. It happens to the best of us. I'm so glad Stripy made it home safely. We have been praying for him. We love Sophie's new furniture. It is beautiful! We really miss you guys.

Stacy said...

LOL about driving off without your food! Ray works 12 hour shifts too. It is tough to have no help at all on the days he works.