Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Soccer Practice

Since the race, I haven't been doing any running in an attempt to finish healing from the lovely groin pull. I've been using the elliptical at the gym, but not running, and limiting my walking. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing a very good job at limiting my food intake. Anyway...I was with Brennan at soccer practice the other night when he let me know that he couldn't find his ball. There were probably about 200 + people at this park, mostly parents and kids there for soccer practice. I proceeded to walk the path around the park looking for his ball. The park is right next to a creek, so there are a lot of trees. I was busy studying the forested area in hopes of catching sight of the lost ball when I got nailed in the head by a soccer ball. There were some teenage girls there practicing, and one of the forcefully kicked balls miss the goal and hit me. It hit me so hard that I literally saw stars. The force of it almost knocked me off my feet. Unfortunately, as I staggered and stumbled about trying to stay upright, I injured myself again. Besides feeling like I might have a week-long headache, I was really mad. I was finally feeling like I was within a few days of being able to run again, and all because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time I was back to limping. Oh well, what's another week or two of inactivity? And no, we didn't find his ball. Someone must have decided that they really liked it.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so sorry that you are hurt again. Things like that always seem to happen. I guess the saying "Adding insult to injury" would be appropriate. Good luck healing!

Buxton Family said...

That is terrible. I'm so sorry. I hope your head feels better soon.

Kerry said...

Aww poor Karen--that's just bad! I hope you recover fast.

dlriley said...

Sometimes life just comes flying up and hits us in the head. I totally understand your frustration. Last September I had a bad fall at the cancer relay for life and hit my head on cement. I still haven't fully recovered. For about two months I had a continous headache and now it's occasionally I get a piercing pain and then a throbbing ache. It's not fun being debilated by anything. I hope you get over this quickly and get things back on track, no pun intended.

Us Craven's said...

Oh boy- is someone trying to tell you something? Just kidding- C'est la vie quoi!~Desole!