Thursday, January 8, 2009

More Laundry

After the mouse incident on Monday, and the mounds of laundry that I washed I received another fun surprise yesterday. I got a call from Sophie's friend's mother letting me know that her daughter has lice. The school nurse is guessing that she's had them for about 4 weeks! We've had a lot of contact with this child over the passed 4 weeks. Yikes! I had just finished shampooing the carpets when she called and was ready to sit and read my book for an hour or so. Instead I spent the rest of the day doing more laundry, and vacuuming every crack and crevice of the upstairs. Fortuantely, we have yet to find a single louse on anyone's head. I'm sure I'll keep checking for the next week at least. Never a dull moment.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

You are not having a fun new year so far! I hope there are no more little critters in your future!

Buxton Family said...

Yucky...we will pray that the lice do not turn up.

dlriley said...

Yuck, I remember that happening to us when the girls were playing softball. They always wear the same helmets when batting and one of the girls on the team came down with lice. Needless to say it spread rapidly. I understand it's a common dilemna amoung kids. I sure hope you don't have anymore surprises but they do say they come in 3's.

Katie said...

Good luck with that - ugh!

House of Girls said...

OH MY! I hope bad things don't come in three's! I think you've dealt with enough just don't send your luck this way! LOL

Kerry said...

Yuck-I always worry about that! Brandon has a friend and they don't keep their house clean nor themselves and I think about lice sometimes..but hasn't happened yet--at least the carpets were already clean!