Saturday, August 25, 2012

Aiden's Fingernails

While at EFY (Especially For Youth...a week long church camp for kids ages 14-18) Aiden was fortunate enough to have a girl paint his fingernails.  He didn't remove the paint for a week, and even gave a talk in church the Sunday after he got home.  He received a few strange looks, but he's Aiden.
He asked that she paint a kitty on his thumb.  She did a good job.

The kids stayed in dorms, and took their own bedding.  Our selection of twin-sized sheets has dwindled down to almost nothing but threadbare Scooby Doo, or Winnie the Pooh.  I took Aiden with me to the store to buy a new set.  He selected a lovely zebra pattern.  I understand that the other boys in his dorm were quite impressed.  Aiden can get away with things that other teenage boys can't.  He is such a fun kid.  The boys from our ward that went with him said that he had fun (Aiden doesn't volunteer information of this type, so I always have to ask his friends), but was at times a bit anti-social.  Some of us need more alone time than others.
Aiden also requested that I send him photos of Gunther everyday.  We all know that he loves him best in the family, so I complied.  I love Gunther too.  In fact, we haven't met a person yet that dislikes him.  He possesses some sort of strange magnetism.

No comments: