Monday, February 9, 2009

We celebrated Lance's birthday on January 23rd. He doesn't want anyone to make a big deal out of his birthday, so I respect that, and never plan anything big. We usually end up going to a movie or out to dinner, or just hang out with the kids. He was in for a surprise this year. When he got to work the lights were all off, and he was welcomed by being covered in "Silly String". At lunchtime his co-workers insisted that he go to lunch with them, and that he would ride with them too. As they drove past his car in the parking lot, he discovered that they had decorated his car. They spent the day telling all of his patients that it was his birthday. Not his style, but he was a good sport. Of course they brought a cake!

I had baked a cake at home, so that made two.

We celebrated quietly at home after his fun day at work.

1 comment:

dlriley said...

Ahhh....I knew it was his birthday. I have a reminder on my e-mail. I should have sent a card but I'm terrible about things like that. I do good to remember the grandkids. Trying to get better!!!