Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brennan's 10th Birthday Continued

Last night we let Brennan choose where we should go out to eat. Rudy's was his choice. Rudy's is BBQ Texas style. Considering that I come close to being a vegetarian, this normally wouldn't be my kind of place. There's not much chance that you will ever catch me gnawing on a big old turkey leg. The first time that we experienced a Texas BBQ I spent a lot of time looking for the salad bar. The only members of the vegetable family that I could find were pickles and onions. Baffling! Anyway, somehow, I've been won over to Rudy's. What little of the meat that I eat is really good, and the creamed corn is to die for. They also provide you with a half a loaf of white sandwich bread still in the bag. The kids really like that part considering that they rarely get white bread at home. Hopefully one day they will grow to appreciate the heartiness of a good whole grain bread.
We ate until we couldn't eat anymore, and then we went home for ice cream and cake. Good thing that it was Fast Sunday today.

Here's Brennan sitting in front of what remains of our dinner. It was great fun! Sophie opted to stay at her friends house for a little longer while we went out to eat. She was highly dissapointed that we didn't bring home any white bread for her.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Way to be a healthy mom! I'm all for a good salad and delicious veggies, but I also love my BBQ, my steak, you get the picture. Good girl!

Stacy said...

Happy birthday to Brennan! LOL about the white bread! My kids would probably be excited about that too since we only have wheat bread in the house.

Buxton Family said...

Happy Birthday Brennan! Ahhh...Rudy's. We miss it, but not as much as we miss you all.

Kerry said...

You're way better at birthday's than me-my kids are happy to get 1 new toy!

I'm glad you guys had so much fun-but we still miss you a TON.

Jen Guthrie said...

Yeah...no turkey legs for me...I love kids bdays...and hate them 'cause the years are growing them from us and then what????? As for your kitty dilema (see my posts) my cats are indoor and indoor only...condition Paul had so there were no bugs/creapy crawlies on them. We got "carolina" 7 years ago when we moved into a new house with a wooded back yard and early dec. the mice thought our new house would work better than the woods...hence cat...indoor...and no more mice...her scent alone sent them looking for a new place to shack up. Clean up the cats...don't let them out and your mice thing stays outdoors and if one gets in...he won't have a chance!

Julie said...

I'm very late on this but HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENNAN!